ZOHO - I created this document in ZOHO writer.
This
is my first experience with ZOHO. Is that like SOHO - sort of
rebellious and outside the norm? So far it looks just like any other
word processor. It has all the same buttons and functions. I think any
word processing application these days has to have the same capabilities
in order to be competitive. It even has the spellcheck capability. This
is good because there is virtually no learning curve in moving to a new
application.
I
guess the big advantage to ZOHO is that it is free. The cost of a MS
Office software can be prohibitive, so I guess a free alternative is a
benefit. The only caveat would be, if you're going to interact with the
rest of the world, your files need to be readable by MS Word. Let's try . . .
Well . . . you don't "save it as" like in Word. You export it as a word document and it looks just the same. Good deal.
The
presentation program also looks just like PowerPoint - but very minimal
functions. If you have the MS Office products, stay with them. If you
can't afford them, these are a good alternative.
GOOGLE DOCS This is a Google docs presentation file with my comments.
Both
of these freewares seem to be viable alternatives, but you better
remember to save to a format the rest of the world can read.
No comments:
Post a Comment