Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thing #2 - Creating the blog

Not necessarily a positive experience. Cut and paste, sort of like when girls used to have cut-out paper clothes for paper dolls. The blogspot site apparently has changed, at least since I saw it a long time ago, so it doesn't match our directions exactly. Posting is easy enough, but I'm not someone who feels the need to put their life and experiences out there for everyone to see. As I said before, I'm not really into social media.
The process of creating more new user IDs and passwords is always a challenge. If the powers that be had their way, we would have a different, discrete, and difficult-to-remember ID and password for every site we use. How ridiculous!! I would have 30 or more passwords to remember, and of course you're not supposed to write them down anywhere - someone might steal my identity. 

2 comments:

  1. I share the same feeling about not being into social media and not wanting to put my life out there, but I'm kind of getting into the whole blogging thing as time goes on. I think we definitely have different reasons for the feeling, but it's nice to see someone with the same view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'm not trying to be negative about the blog thing. I think I understand why the younger generation is so into it - social life is a lot more important to them. I'm trying to look at as a tool that I can use for other-than-social reasons.

      Delete