Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thing #3.  How will I use blogging in the teacher education program? Well - duh! I think I'll do posts on the 23 things for a start. I do think it will be interesting to see what some of the other students have to say, but for right now I'm just trying to keep up with the assignments. There are some possibilities for my classroom, however. I teach technology in a small private school where parental involvement is quite high - at least by public school standards. However, because my schedule is only part time and because as soon as school is out I am rushing to get to my APSU classes - I don't get to interact with parents very much. I think a Mr. Hirtle's Tech Blog could be a place to make comments and observations about what is going on in class. I would probably have to be careful about content since a blog is public, but it would give parents a chance to get some general feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Some of your comments bring a smile to my face, which makes reading your blog fun. (Like your comment on blogging the 23 things) I think it is interesting that you teach tech and yet don't really use it that much (I believe you stated that in an earlier post). I kind of felt the same way that you did about blogging. I didn't want to share too much information about myself. I think, in my case, however, it was more of a "who would want to read it?" mind set. I like your idea of a blog pate to share comments and observations on your class. It is good that you are aware of the blog being public so that you do not reveal too much.

    ReplyDelete